While History Trust of South Australia has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on this site is as accurate as possible, it gives no warranty or guarantee that the material, information or publication made accessible is accurate, complete, current, or fit for any use whatsoever. No reliance should be made by a user of the material, information or publication accessed via this site. If you find any information on this website that you believe may be inaccurate, please let us know.
History Trust of South Australia accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered as a result of direct or indirect use or application of any material, publication or information made accessible via this website.
This site provides links to other websites operated by community, business and government In providing such links, History Trust of South Australia does not accept responsibility for, or endorse the content or condition of, any linked site. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these.
History Trust of South Australia reserves the right of refusal to publish and to vary the material, information or publication on this website without notice.
Many areas of this site allow users to post their own material. Materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of this site or History Trust of South Australia. By posting materials on this site, you represent that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Unless otherwise negotiated, all user contributions to the site will be published under a CC-BY-NC license.
History Trust of South Australia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, History Trust of South Australia expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this website.
This statement sets out this site's policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and security of your other information. This privacy and security statement applies only to this site.
This site is operated in compliance with the Government of South Australia's information privacy principles (IPPs) found on the Department of Premier and Cabinet website.
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- A record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes - the user's IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs. This information is analysed at the end of each month to determine the site's usage statistics.
- The site retains the email address of people who send emails through the 'Contact us' facility, for the purpose of sending a response. They are stored in a secure area within History Trust of South Australia’s message services system and will not be used for any other purpose, nor disclosed without your consent.
- If you seek to submit material or information for publication on this site, you are asked to supply your contact details and an assurance that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials.
- Such information may or may not be personal information for the purpose of the IPPs. Nonetheless, you consent to the use of this information to establish ownership of the material and to enable site administrators to contact content owners, to confirm (or not) that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. The information is then kept for contact purposes in the course of monitoring site currency. The information is stored in a secure area of the site's system.
- Your personal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in accordance with the IPPs.
- Site administrators are required to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the IPPs.
- This site and History Trust of South Australia are responsible for the privacy and security of information while it is collected, stored on or passing through this site.
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should utilise this site. There are alternative ways to obtaining information from, and transacting business with, this site and History Trust of South Australia for those users who do not wish to use the Internet.
- Please note that this site contains links to a large number of other web sites that are included on the basis of containing content related to South Australian history. When a user has clicked on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement does not apply to those websites.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis that you carefully read the information provided.